Tuesday, March 29, 2011

All That Thrills My Soul.

There is a dark state we can find ourselves in when God feels far away. But where did he go? He said, "I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee." So I must have been the one to leave. There's something potentially tragic about treating God like a wish-granter rather than seeing him for who he is, an all-glorious King. Demanding things of our Creator is destructive to that relationship. Who wants to be ordered around when they've already given us everything? In the darkest night, we shouldn't remind God of his promises, but look up to him and trust him to carry us through. When we receive a blessing, we don't ask why it was sent. Aren't all things made beautiful in his time? But certain times can truly be distressing. We can ultimately despair. It is in that time of trouble that we must attach ourselves to the Lord's presence. For who can cheer the heart like Jesus? We've gotta seek his face during the dreary days and the long, cold nights. He is there to hold you through those times. Walking by faith is all we can do, and he will surely never let us down.

All that thrills my soul is Jesus.

He is more than life to me.

And the fairest of ten thousand

In my blessed Lord I see.

No comments:

Post a Comment