Tuesday, March 17, 2009

When I am Down...



Is there a certain Bible passage y'all go to when you're down, or a person who just automatically lifts your spirits? Maybe a picture drawn by your kid or a song that gives you hope? My two greatest spirit-boosters is God's Word and my Mom. I'm so much like my Mom in some ways, yet so different from her in others. Nevertheless, she always seems to have an answer for everything... and when she doesn't have a direct answer to every problem, she still has a very helpful answer - "Pray." I go to God's Word when I feel most alone. Going back and reading how He pulled Israel through - out of their trials - out of the wilderness.... and reading of how Jesus calmed the raging, deadly seas and caused peace to take hold immediately.... it's as if I can almost hear Him whisper "Peace, be still" within me. Some of the Psalms have helped me, too. There are 150 psalms, and many different ones comfort and strengthen different people. When things like tragedy or doubt come into your life, believe me, I KNOW it's easy to become bitter and say "God, I didn't ask you for this! How could you let this happen to me?" or "The one thing I never wanted, Lord, you've allowed to happen in my life!" It's understandably easy to become bitter when tragedy or even small trials get in the way of life's path. But God is not cruel. No matter what the circumstance, this will be proven to us if we trust in God and wait patiently.....


"But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him." 1 Corinthians 2:9
Sometimes, God sees down the path that is before us and knows that, no matter what, His will must stand. God sees things so differently than we do. Going before us - looking into our future - He may see that trial or tragedy will bring good to us, whether we realize it or not. We'll know someday - in Heaven. So, be strong and brave.
"The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way.Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth him with his hand." Psalm 37:23-24




No comments:

Post a Comment