Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Get Wisdom


Here's the Proverbs post! Lately I've been asking God to give me wisdom and understanding. His Word says that wisdom is a gift, and there's also the verse that says "Ask and it shall be given unto you..." Well, I asked, I've sought, and the Lord is helping me to understand his Word much more! My Mom's been reading us the Bible in the mornings, we started with Proverbs, and she has a keen understanding of the Bible - she's studied a lot. My Dad still does devotions with us at night, and we're studying the Ark of the Covenant - maybe I should post about that too. It's amazing!!!



But anyway (haha)...... How many of y'all have wanted wisdom? How many of you have dug for it as if it was precious gold? Psalms 37:4 says "Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart." To delight in God is to delight in his Word. I'm here to tell y'all that when you have wisdom, you can choose either to live by it or turn from it, as Solomon did. Wisdom is the principal thing. You need it first before you can be discerning, understanding or even truthful, because wisdom is all these things! This is God letting wisdom speak: "The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old. I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was. When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water. Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth: While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world ... Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him; Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men." Think I'm crazy??? You should read the whole chapter of Proverbs 8!!!! God possessed wisdom before the earth was ever thought of. God IS wisdom! He gives it and it is his to give. I'll tell you what - I WANT wisdom!!!! Here's some amazing verses about wisdom.








Get wisdom, get understanding: forget it not; neither decline from the words of my mouth. Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Pro. 4:5, 7


How much better is it to get wisdom than gold! and to get understanding rather to be chosen than silver! Pro. 16:16


For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding. Pro. 2:6




Say unto wisdom, Thou art my sister; and call understanding thy kinswoman... Pro. 7:4



The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding. Pro. 9:10



For wisdom is better than rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it. Pro. 8:11




Isn't that awesome??? God says wisdom is no to be compared to ANYTHING. That's right - ANYTHING!!!! See how much wisdom is worth? Now, I am not professing to be anything close to wise - I'm a fool and a sinner saved by grace.... but someday, I want to be called wise. I desire to be an understanding, wise young woman. It's a hope and a desire of my heart! And I hope you will desire wisdom as much as I do... oh, it's so precious - its what God has!!!
















No comments:

Post a Comment