Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Confession Time - Gotta Love It

Well since my ridiculous long break from writing, you might not be surprised to find that I have grown into more of a health nut AND sweet tea is still the bomb. I've also been growing in my new life!!! There are three enormous battles I've been fighting and am seeing victory every single day, learning how to be not-like-me anymore, but like Christ instead.

Here they are...

Rebellion
If I could describe myself in one word that completed all of me, it would be "rebellious". Even though I am sure we all struggle with this, I still hate to admit it. Psalm 68:6 has become the lamp to light my path on this subject.
"God setteth the solitary in families: he bringeth out those which are bound with chains: but the rebellious dwell in a dry land."

Diligence
Even more hard to admit, I'm not very diligent. Not good at being consistent. I keep my room clean for 2 days and then let it get out of control again (I'm 20 years old for crying out loud!). I will start a new project and sometimes don't finish it, usually because it's not happening as fast as I hoped or it's not becoming what I wanted it to be. There are plenty of verses about diligence, like this one.
"He becometh poor that dealeth with a slack hand: but the hand of the diligent maketh rich." Proverbs 10:4.
Bottom line concerning diligence: You can't be successful without it.

Forgiveness
We can always learn more about this. I'm learning that I CAN truly forgive those who hurt me (instead of just SAYING I forgive them and not really meaning it) and God CAN show me how to truly and dearly love them. I was never able to forgive until I truly understood the forgiveness of God for the first time. What He forgave me for was a far great wrong than what I could ever forgive anyone for. I have had some awful things said about me and done to me (just like every other human being) and won't go into any details whatsoever, because none of the offences committed against me were, and never will be, as severe as the offences I have committed against God and His Son.
This topic can go a very, veryyyyy long way. But for the most part, I'm telling you people, forgiveness is freedom. This will change your life.
"And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you." Ephesians 4:32

 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment