Saturday, June 30, 2012

Beautiful Day

Just decided to stop for a few minutes and share this beautiful day. The oven is preheating to 375° and I'm working on the laundry. Still in the pj's, my bed's not made, and I'm entertaining myself by dancing around the kitchen, singing in a silly voice while preparing the classic breakfast-type lunch for the family. Not "brunch"...it's too late for that! Bacon, eggs and pancakes, a breakfast-type lunch. Mom just finished grading my brother's papers from yesterday, Dad just finished ironing his clothes, little brother and butterfly are hurrying through chores so they can hang out with the grands, and little-big brother is doing his thing (whatever comes to his mind on the spur of the moment). Outside is a high 88 and I see thin, wispy clouds. The sky is gorgeous blue.

...Now I'm back after 3 1/2 hours and am going swimming with the little-big brother in a couple minutes! Last night I read Romans 6 and talked with the Lord before falling asleep. This morning, read Psalm 5 and 64. It's so hot outside but the air is so sweet! I walk hand-in-hand with the God of the whole universe. He is on my side even though I fail Him at times. He is good enough to show me when I fail Him, and oh how it hurts when He does! But He always gives this wonderful peace and a calming reassurance when I turn back to Him.

Tonight, Lord willing, I and the same brother will arrive safely at the church house at 7:00 for Reformers Unanimous. I watch the kids in the nursery and he works in the sound booth. We reach out to the struggling there and pray for them throughout the week. We also struggle. We need the Lord's help every day, in our spiritually bankrupt state. And daily, in the most crucial way, we need to put on the armor of God and diligently watch out for our adversary.

We are so blessed to have all these things, to have the Word of God with us always. So blessed to have such a beautiful day! I love you Lord!
"But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee." Psalm 5:11



No comments:

Post a Comment