Sunday, January 24, 2010

It's For Guys Too!

Hey everybody... sorry I left so abruptly on that last post !! (The date for this post may say Jan. 24, I dont know, but's actually Feb. 13!) Many things have been taking place down in my part of Texas and my mind has been filled to the brim with thoughts. If I can get them all sorted out, there may be a lot of posts coming up!

Proverbs 31 is mostly recognized as the "Proverbs 31 Woman" chapter. There's basically a whole outline for young women and grown women alike to base the pattern for their lives--how they care for the home, the greatest virtues to be pursued after, giving of themselves unselfishly, it mentions the blessings of their children and husband, how they can help elevate their husband's role in society as being a man of honor and dignity.

But looking at the chapter as a whole is when I finally noticed that the whole chapter was written too a young man! It is a lesson to king Lemuel, that his mother taught him. Proverbs 31 is actually like a three-layered cake. (mmmmm.... yes the Word is so sweet) The first is to guys, middle is to everybody, and the third to girls. However the whole chapter was written to Lemuel. I wonder if guys actually study Proverbs 31 as well as some girls do? I have no clue, so I just wanted to encourage you guys to read it and study it! It will tell you how to conduct yourselves, some of what to do and what not to do. It calls you to act nobly. Instead of warning you to look out for a brawling or contentious woman, as you find in Proverbs 7, it gives you the picture of a virtuous woman, and encourages you to seek that in a wife. One of my favorite verses in Prov. 31 is verse 5: "Give not thy strength unto women, nor thy ways to that which destroyeth kings."

No comments:

Post a Comment